Thursday, July 29, 2010

Calm your fears...

My previous post about obtaining my MCITP doesn't mean I've lost all faith in Novell.  I haven't, but I do have to be more marketable - especially given the news that we'll be told if we're on the list of "layoff-ees" in October. And I'm 99.9% certain my name will end up on that list. So I'm concentrating on trying to crank out 7 exams in just a few months.  I've done it before, I'm just hoping my brain hasn't turned into mush since my last big certification push.

I'm really liking a lot of the cloud stuff I'm seeing from Novell.  There's some really critical needs being addressed by Novell.  The next decade is going to a bumpy, crazy, insane, thrill-filled joy ride for techies.  Not sure how long I'll be able to hang on to it all.  I'm hoping to do a bit of leap-frogging around the edges to avoid a few pitfalls and hopefully end up in a sweet spot.  Time will only tell.

For those with cash left to invest in the stock market you might want to take a look at whatever company makes Excedrin.  I'll be going through a lot of bottles as I bang my head on the table muttering "what were the MS folks thinking of when they came up with THIS chunk of code?".

Still bleeding Red N's here, just a lot slower.  BTW - BrainShare 2011 has a confirmed date and RSVP page on FB.  I'm listed as a "maybe"...I'll need as close to a free ride as I can possibly get this year.  And I really do feel bad about that, but considering I may not have a job by that point, it's a luxury for me this year, and my wallet's just full of moths at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment