Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Novell Pending Sale - New or Old News? Depends on your POV

This morning the NY Post, in a very short article, heralded the 2-part sale of Novell.  This news very quickly hit the NGWList, but has yet to hit the TTP list.  Of course, we'd been warned way back in March during Elliott's somewhat-hostile takeover bid attempt that Novell would court other offers.  The good news on this is that the stock price is up to about $6/share.

ZDNet responded later with an article about this news, basically calling it "stale bread" (to paraphrase).  The most interesting point I found in the ZDNet article is the rumored news that Red Hat is also on the block.  That, in itself, is far more interesting news.

Whether or not Novell is sold is yet to be seen.  For my own selfish reasons I hope it's not, but I'm not holding my breath.  If it is sold, I hope that both Ron and John will let me continue to happily pester, bug, tease, and somewhat (but not in a scary way), "stalk" them if they move on to new digs somewhere else.  And that the rest of my Novell "homies" keep in touch as you never know where I might turn up at any given time.  Especially given that I usually have some freshly made cookies with me.

Link for NY Post article: http://tinyurl.com/2b23lx7

Link for ZDNet article:  http://tinyurl.com/2c7rkwq

No comments:

Post a Comment