Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Novell Pulse, BrainShare Amsterdam, and TTP Conference USA

I've discovered that my first 5 invites for Pulse didn't get to all of my invitees.  Surprise, surprise!  So, of course I complained (everyone knows I'm mouthy).  Today I logged in and found 10 new invites available.  I don't know why and I'm not asking, I'm just taking advantage of them.  And I've found that as long as I invite one person at a time, instead of a whole list separated by commas, it seems to work.  Now, just to figure out what to use Pulse for.  Any ideas?

This whole Novell Pulse / Google Wave stuff is a bit beyond me at the moment.  Not that I can't figure out the "how", it's more of the "why" to use it.  I'm still working on that bit, but am honored Novell's including me in this instance of Pulse.  I'm thinking it has broader uses for where I work than for the more social aspect of it, it's a new technology, so I'm assuming the training wheels are still on it.  It will be interesting to watch this evolve.

BrainShare Amsterdam has wrapped up and appears by all accounts to have been a resounding success.  Nice to have it back in Europe again, although I'll miss seeing friends at the Utah version.

TTP's annual conference is back in Provo from July 11 through the 16, 2010.  Peter is working on the schedule now, so if you've got some good technical presentation you'd like to give, let him know ASAP.  I'll be missing out on it this year (no $$ for travel).  I'm glad I had a chance to catch the TTP Summit prior to BrainShare this year.

On the tech front, not much is happening.  I finally figured out some of the eDirectory oddities I've been seeing aren't eDir after all and is all our LDAP server's fault.  So no techie points there to tell you about.

I'll be working on my NCE training this summer (all self-study) along wtih CLA/CLP and MCSE training.  SharePoint is here (unfortunately), so I've offered to try to take on the administration of that beastie.  We'll see if I'm actually allowed to do so, as it's all yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment