Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GroupWise Problem 102 - Contact folders are out of sync

I was thinking it was just my environment.  After all, we're having odd issues with new user creations where the GroupWise database doesn't get created and the user isn't fully added to their groups.  I still think we're having an eDirectory sync issue, but this latest GroupWise issue has a couple of possible causes.

First, let me state that I started seeing this problem crop up with new user adds.  These are users with no personal address books as they haven't even logged in yet.  I'll get this message on the same GWCheck run day that I grab mailbox statistics and the fact that they have no quota is the key to them being a new account.

Second, this is cropping up for users whose GroupWise database actually gets created (not all of our new users' databases actually create).  I'm assuming there's some kind of syncing issue between the NetWare boxes that host the eDirectory replicas and our Linux boxes that host the various components of GroupWise.  Our GW domain sits on a Linux box with NSS volumes, our POs run on straight Linux boxes with EXT3 partitions.

Imagine my surprise when I *finally* found a TID related to this.  Check out Novell TID# 7005073 for possible resolutions.

Unfortunately for me, none of my affected users seem to have a "/" in their address books.  That doesn't mean there isn't one, just that no one's fessed up yet.  For all of my new users, this is apparently one of those "Reported to Engineering" issues that I simply have to wait for a fix on.  Or more correctly, that my current teammates will need to wait for a fix on as I won't be around here for much longer.

2 comments:

  1. Just today I got the same problem as you have with 5 of my users....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure none of the address books are empty as that is one trigger of this error, hard to sync null

    ReplyDelete