Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Job Hunt is On!!

For those of you who don't know yet, I was given word on October 29th that my position is being eliminated at the end of June.  Or I can leave at the end of January and get some severance.  I don't know which way I'll go yet, but I knew this was coming for some time so I'm okay with it and was ready with resumes and cover letters.  It's the right decision for work due to budget woes, and I'm excited about new opportunities and a change of pace.

The bad news is that another friend was told shortly after that that he'll no longer be needed after December 4th.  So my ears are open for all opportunities in the Grand Rapids/Lansing/Kalamazoo area for either one of us.

I hit most of my contact lists by Monday afternoon to give as many the news at once as possible.  My network has stepped up and is actively looking for me and passing on leads, introductions and extending offers.  I am most humbled at the outpouring of support and appreciate everything you all are doing to lend a hand.

You can post a note here or shoot me a note to wmnug at yahoo dot com.  If I hear of a spot that I don't quite fit, I'll post it here.

Just a reminder though...I can do more than Novell; it's just my preferred vendor.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment