Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another reason to love Novell

I'm currently working on finalizing an imaging process (and the needed step-by-step documentation) for a customer using ZENwork Configuration Management.  It's a very slick solution and works great.  Windows 7 on the other hand, not so slick, and something of a PITA when it comes to USB drives.

Part of the process requires the use of an .XML file for an unintended install.  Easy enough, copy the little file to a USB flash drive, pop that in the machine being used to create the image and off you go, right?  Wrong.  Windows 7 64-bit doesn't like my 16GB SanDisk Cruzer device.  Stomach falls to my knees as it has my GroupWise archives that I've yet to fully export.  Quick, run pop the same device into my work laptop.  No go.  Pop same device in my trusty, personal Toshiba laptop that's NOT running Windows 7 and it's seen just fine. 

What's a girl to do?  Grab one of her 4GB Novell USB drives from last BrainShare and voila, we're in business!  Just another reason for me to love Novell and all of their partners who take such good care of me and provide me with fun "toys" like my little 4GB USB drives.  Luckily I have several of these little goodies so at least one is always in a laptop bag somewhere.  So once again, it's Novell to the rescue for a Windows issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment