Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reseller Community - PartnerNet changes

So I just got off the phone with Novell PartnerNet.  New changes to the program got rid of the old Novell Reseller Community.  Now if you want to be a partner at a no-cost level, you can be a Silver partner at no cost.  At Silver there's no minimum revenue requirements or certification level requirements.  Wonder if the customers are going to catch on to that or not?

It really doesn't matter for those of us in West Michigan though, as we're down to 1 Platinum (if C/D/H keeps their status) and maybe 1 Gold (if Exceed continues with Novell).  I guess I'll sign up as a Silver, just for giggles.

I did get a laugh out of her though when I told her I was "unique".  That odd combination of 1 foot in the Partner Channel and 1 foot in the Customer space.  Oh, let's face it - I'm just pushy and mouthy and ignore most rules...but I generally get the job done.  :)

Anyway, thought the very few of you that may bother to stop by now and then might want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment