Monday, October 11, 2010

NDAs are actually pretty cool!

Anyone who's been around IT long enough, understands what I mean when I say NDA...at least those from the West/East Coast seem to know off the top of their heads. For those that might be scratching their heads or still fairly new to the game an NDA is a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

I've been involved with plenty of them in my career, but only my current employer has ever given me authorization to sign one myself.  So I did. Today as matter of fact.  But, as I have no paper trail (just an email one), I figured I'd post that I was told "You may sign it." for my own CYA.

And yes, if you should ask me about something that's involved with an NDA, I will simply say "I don't know" or "I haven't heard anything about that" (okay, so I'd probably really say "squat" instead of "anything").  Because I believe in NDAs, I'm happy to sign them. I've even been the one who's asked someone else to sign an NDA before (this was long-long-long-ago and the company's defunct so I figure I can say that now).

Luckily for me, nothing I've "chatted" with execs about lately have anything to do with NDAs.  But I'll still keep the Oreo story between Alan Nugent and myself to a select few; even though I smile every time I think of it.  Although, I'm more than happy to tell people how I first met John Dragoon and badgered him into sending me a Novell USB stick.  BTW, John (in case you ever read this), I have kept the note you wrote (by hand) and am trying to find a suitable frame for it.  It's one of my most favorite "prizes".

No comments:

Post a Comment