Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OpenHorizons US/MidWest is on the move!

Open Horizons, once a bastion of the EU, has arrived in the US thanks to Norm O'Neal.  A "beefed up" from of NUI (at least that's my description), OpenHorizons focuses on the important topics for today's IT shops that have an investment in Novell technologies.  And as most Novell customers know, that means a shop where there's a bit of just about everything.

OpenHorizons is hosting an IT in Action event in Indianapolis on March 17th.  The cost is minimal, a paltry $149 (okay, so maybe West Michiganders have been spoiled by having The Big EveNt be free, but not everyone can mooch like me), and you get to hear presentations by industry experts like Erno de Korte and Sander van Vugt.

Take a minute to look at the session offerings at http://www.open-horizons.net/us/march-17.



Eventually we'll be brining an OpenHorizons even to West Michigan as well.  I just need to get my bearings again and my feet under me after the recent job acquisition.
I hate to admit it, but after looking at the speaker bios I'm feeling really old.  Tim Toepp's been involved with Novell products since NetWare 3.12 and NetWare Personal....I'm older than that.  Anyone else remember ELS I and ELS II, OfficeAutomation?  NetWare 86? 

Good thing I paid attention to my profs and keep on learning new stuff - thank you again Drs. Medley, Pidgeon, Teague (RIP), and Mason.  You taught us Cal Poly kids well.

No comments:

Post a Comment