Monday, March 22, 2010

BrainShare 2010 - Day #2

Day 2 started out beautiful and sunny, but it ended up rainy, cold and windy.

Had Laura Chappell for my first class and I made sure she got a SnickerDoodle.  She doesn't have the t-shirt for me to sign (sorry Chad), and her book didn't arrive in time to sell at BrainShare, but she did give out the discount code. 

Had a hard time getting over to a meeting with Open Horizons and the NUGI folks with Novell.  Quite interesting, I see some changes coming soon to NUI.  I've got Norm's back for whatever he may need from me or WMNUG.

I had a GWAVA session later, where I broke some stuff, but ran into a few people who know me from the NGWList.  My mouthiness in action again.  I've been talking to a lot of folks about what Reload's done for me and answering questions about moving from NW to Linux.

I got to see Tay Kratzer today - YAY!!  Always happy to talk with Tay and  Willem, and Taylor, and all of the GWAVA folks really.  Can you believe Richard's got kids old enough to be married?!  I swear he had to have started when he was really young - like 10 or 11. 

I finished the Bug Hunt.  Tomorrow I have another Laura session, and a couple of more GWAVA sessions, but I start off early a.m. with PartnerNet Breakfasts as usual.  I saw John Dragoon today, passing in the hallway...it still really tickles me that he remembers my name.

We hit the MA BrewFest, so I got to see Laila.  I need to catch up with Suzanne at some point as well as I really need a new MA bag.

The best part of the night was at the Customer and Partner Appreciation party with BACA.  Rusty was dancing with a biker chick, we all got pics on a bike, I called a biker "fluffy" and a "marshmellow" and then got a picture with him.  His biker name is "Teddy Bear"  (pictures will come later).  Loved the bikes, love the bikers who are involved with the charity.  Teddy Bear was named by a little girl.  We chatted for a bit about my work at Children's and how hard that could be at times.

My friend Jonathon won the Fender guitar that I was drooling over, and since he was standing right next to me, I've told folks that want to win something to stand next to me.  Apparently I'm a lucky charm this year.  (I haven't won anything).

Having fun, catching up with old friends.  I saw Alan Hurst - which is just absolutely wonderful as always.  And Kevin, who used to work for Tiara Yachts and now is working for the State of Colorado.  I've run into people who've been in my sessions at GWAVACon before.  Always nice to see Joanna and Sunny. 

The one thing I've forgotten to do is drink enough water (which is why this is being entered at midnight as I suck down some more water).  Another good thing - since the shot's made my ACL not hurt as bad, I'm not walking funny and my ankle and foot are doing much better than I expected.  And I'm surprised that people have paid close enough attention to notice that I'm walking better - especially after not seeing me for 2 years.

Still having fun and this is turning out to be a great use of my vacation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment