Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BrainShare is Next Week!!!

BrainShare 2010 is back, hooray!, and I'm flying out on Friday.  I'm doing the TTP Summit junket in addition to BrainShare as that's how my flights worked out.  And since it's my vacation time I'm focusing on classes I want to take and not necessarily what I need for work.  My employer's not paying a penny towards this trip (although we seem to have plenty of money to send other staff members off to conferences), so I'm planning on having fun and relaxing a bit instead of doing the typical whirlwind, constant running to sessions, vendor booths, and evening events that I typically do.

Due to the last minute nature of my trip I didn't have time to coordinate my BrainShare Buddies program that I've done for the past several years.  I feel like I'm shirking my duties there, but with the event being smaller this year, I'm hoping it won't be missed as much.  I have been playing BrainShare Concierge/Planner to the friends I know are going, making sure they're all in the loops for the various parties and prize winning opportunities.

Oh sure, I'll be at the PartnerNet Breakfasts (the food and info is better) and I'll be doing my usual round to visit all the parties The Big EveNt sponsors are throwing.  I appreciate their support and showing up gives me another chance to say Thank You to all of the companies that have supported me and WMNUG over the years.

Packing is always at the last minute as I wait until the night before I leave to bake up all the Snickerdoodles I have been taking with me since Boomer's departure from BrainShare.  (I never got a chance at his reknowned truffles.)  My clothes provide the necessary cushion now that I can't take as much on a plane and actually have to check them through.

I'm anxious to get back to SLC and see all the friends I missed seeing after last year's event was canceled.  The big surprise this year will be for the vendors...the only one I'm mooching for this year is me.  Sorry WMNUG folks, but I'm no longer on the board and can't afford to ship back any boxes.  Besides, I'm not sure if there's going to be a WMNUG BrainShare Highlights meeting this year or not.  (I'm not on the board any more, remember?)

1 comment: