Sunday, March 7, 2010

Novell Community humbles me

I had no idea the number of people that were truly bummed out when it looked like I wasn't going to be able to make it to BrainShare.  The outpouring of "yays" when I finally figured I was going was amazing to me.  I'm truly humbled that so many people would have missed me, and not just for the cookies.  (I already had a "mule" targeted to carry cookies for me).

In addition to BrainShare I'll be attending TTP Summit.  The only way flights worked out was for me to leave on the Friday before anyway, so I might as well overwork my brain as much as possible.  I'll see a few WMNUG folks there, which will be the first time I've seen them since The Big EveNt as we haven't been meeting.  (And please don't email me about that - I'm not on the board any more - go bug Phil or Steven about it).

I'm looking forward to BrainShare, not just for the tech stuff, but as a chance to reconnect with the many friends I've made over the years.  I'm always surprised when people remember me (I always assume I'm forgettable), so it's always a surprise when someone does.  I just hope I can match everyone's faces to their names.  I always remember a face, but as I get older and meet more and more people I am consistently mismatching names to faces.  It's not personal, it's more of an "indexing" problem in my brain. 

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    How silly for you to think you are unforgettable. I an speak for many who are thrilled to have you at BrainShare once again.

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete